Monday, May 11, 2009

herbs

Yesterday, in the evening, I finally planted some herbs:

Cilantro
Rosemary
Fenugreek
Basil (Genovese)

I planted the Basil in the tomato sub-irrigated containers. This will not work if I don't keep the tomatoes neatly pruned.

I sowed more bush watermelon (Sugar Baby and Sugar Baby yellow). I hope these don't die like the others.

I also planted the Catalina flower (Torenia) in a nice partly shady spot. The flowers are blue/purple. I hope it takes.

I sowed the last of the seed of French Marygolds from last year. Last year they sprouted and grew large but did not bloom. I wonder if I waited too long.

I finally put a suggestion of a fence around the Hollyhock bed to see if my dogs get the hint.

The Black Beauty Zucchini and the Butternut squash are up. I love Butternut squash. I just slice it, saute it in olive oil with onion, garlic, and then I add some cheese. Yummmm.....

The Yellow Pear and the Golden Jubilee tomato plants have been up for a week now but are not getting bigger. They look healthy however.

No comments:

Post a Comment