Last year by this time, we were seeing temperatures in the high 40's. Today's high is expected to be in the high 30's.
- I sowed my first batch of seeds this past Sunday --February 21.
- I am a tiny bit more knowledgeable about my veggies this year than I was last year by this time.
- My dog is one year older and a tiny bit less spastic, although she still eats anything I put outside whether it was meant to be eaten or not.
- I have most of what I need for the garden already so I can concentrate on growing things and not on growing my inventory of gardening tools.
- And most importantly, I am more confident in my ability to make my veggies grow and fruit.
No matter. I will do this again this year.
I buy my seed locally anywhere they sell it. On the web, I buy from 2 or 3 places. This year I ordered seeds from:
Thompson & Morgan
Locally, I bought seeds from:
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
Plantation Products (American Seed and NK Lawn and Garden)
Last, I actually saved seeds from last year although only from a couple of pepper plants.
My Tomatillo Mexican Husk sprouted yesterday, Tuesday February 23, two days after sowing!
Also, one of my gourd plants germinated as well. I moved them under lights.
This morning, I had a number of Siberian tomatoes starting to come up.
Let's do this!