Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wichita Garden Show - first day

I went to the Wichita Garden Show on opening day during lunch. I learned two things right away:

1) Don't be the first one in the door on opening day because a lot of the booths are not 100% setup.

2) Be the first one in the door on opening day because a lot of the vendors have specials for the first x many customers.

Of course, it took all of 10 minutes to run into the booth with the gizmo I could not live without.


Here are some pictures from their website ( I will be posting my own as soon as I open the box):

























I also saw these two really cool Bonsai trees made from Bougainvillea plants at the Wichita Bonsai Club's booth:

This one is an actual bonsai tree:


This one is a Bougainvillea supported by a rigid metal coil. If you look closely you can see the metal coil that wraps around the trunk of the plant. Being rigid , it props the plant up:



I bought a pass for all 4 days because I want to come back on Saturday and really take time to look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment