Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Robust tomato plants

So far, this Market Miracle tomato plant has lived despite my neglect. I decided to put the plant outside because I believed we were in for a week's worth of above-freezing temperatures but I was wrong. This plant, along with a Brandywine tomato plant, has lived through at least 3 nights of sub-freezing and windy conditions. I expected them to be dead when I came home from work today but they were still alive so I brought them into the house for a well deserved break.

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of such a thin--tomato plants, yound tomato plants no less, surviving subzero temperatures? I hope they didn't just keel over in shock when you brought them in.

    And thanks for stopping by the Manic recently.
    --Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are still alive and they are still inside due to cold temperatures. I have no idea as to why they survived unless my yard is a micro climate :-)
    One of them IS a Siberian tomato so maybe it is used to those temperatures...

    ReplyDelete